to help him stay
engaged in the now
EMFLAZA is available in tablet and liquid forms and can be taken with or without food. Recommended dosing is approximately 0.9 mg/kg/day for both formulations.
Below you will find helpful information about how to take EMFLAZA, dosing considerations, and potential drug interactions.
Using the Dosing Assistant
It's important to be mindful of changes in weight as they may impact your son's dosing. You can calculate dosing according to weight using the simple tool below.
Note: Speak to your son's healthcare provider before making any dosing changes.
Get the weight-based dosing guide
Annual dose adjustments associated with yearly weight changes may not be enough. Use this guide and regularly monitor your son's weight. Speak to your healthcare provider if you have questions.Obtenga más información sobre EMFLAZA en español.
available in 4 different
(6 mg, 18 mg, 30 mg, 36 mg)
- EMFLAZA can be taken with or without food
- Tablets may be given whole or crushed and can be taken immediately after mixing with applesauce
- You can combine multiple tablets to add up to the prescribed dosing, rounding up to the nearest dose amount
Also available in liquid form
- Round up to the nearest tenth of a milliliter (mL)
- 13 mL in a 30‑mL bottle with two 1‑mL oral dispensers included
- Mix EMFLAZA well with 3‑4 oz of juice or milk and give immediately
- Store at room temperature
- Replace cap tightly on bottle and clean oral dispenser after each use
- Discard any unused EMFLAZA after 1 month of first opening the bottle
- Do not mix EMFLAZA with grapefruit juice; EMFLAZA should not be taken with grapefruit or grapefruit juice
Important Dosing Considerations
Your child should not stop taking EMFLAZA abruptly or without checking with their healthcare provider. You may need to gradually reduce the dose rather than discontinue treatment altogether.
- The dosage of EMFLAZA must be decreased gradually if your child has taken it for more than a few days
- Weight gain should be assessed to determine whether the dose is appropriate
You may need to adjust the dose as your son grows. Track his bodyweight to help determine the appropriate dosage.